S4 (Systems & System Software Solutions, LLC) has a career opportunity for a Web Developer. The candidate MUST be a U.S. Citizen and have a Top Secret/SCI security clearance with polygraph to be considered for the position. S4, LLC is a privately held company working with federal customers since 1998. S4 offers a competitive compensation package to include full employee benefits. Location of this position is in the Fort Meade, MD vicinity.
This Web Developer will be responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining web sites and content that enrich and optimize the exchange of information and produce effective communications. Interact with team to gather and define requirements. Analyze requirements to determine the most effective web technologies to satisfy their needs. Coordinate creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent site design. Follow a formal design process that includes adhering to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of the web site end-product. Design and develop visually pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation. Deliver comprehensive web site solutions to satisfy customer requirements. Maintain configuration management.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree
- Four (4) years’ experience as a Web Developer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity with the Federal Government
Shall possess the following capabilities:
- Ability to maintain a functioning user-accessible website
- Codes less complex websites using HTML, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages
- Support website planning and deployment
- Write documentation regarding the website’s technical requirements
- Maintain website technical documentation to assist with website maintenance and upgrades
- Apply concepts, develops, tests, maintain and supports high-performance, innovative web-based applications
- Responsible for troubleshooting software problems and providing solutions to overcome those problems using the latest technologies
- Work with management and information technologists to determine specifications
- Use a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML XML) to create web page elements such as user interface features, site animation, special effects, databases, and e-business applications
Required or Desired Technical Skills:
- SQL, Required (3 years)
- HTML, Required (3 years)
- DoJo Services or Similar Technologies, Required (1 year)
- JAVA, Required (1 year)
- APACHE & IIS, Required (3 years with at least 1 year of APACHE)
- XML Tools (e.g. XPATH, XQUERY, DOM, SAX, XSLT), Desired
- Groovy on Grails or Similar Technologies, Desired
- Web Services (SOAP or REST), Required (3 years)
- CASPORT, Desired
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Desired
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with a Polygraph is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.